A Brief History
Our business entity is a brainchild of Honorable Shri Dada saheb Rawal, who is ex-ruler & a proud freedom fighter. In Dondaicha, Maharashtra, he laid years back foundation of a well-equipped agro-based factory. M/S Universal Starch-Chem Allied Ltd. is a unit of reputed Rawal Group at Dondaicha.
Our company has enhanced its production capacity of Maize Refining from 60 MT to 400 MT per day. Due to our quality products & business commitments, we have been awarded by OPPI as the best vendor of Excipient Supplier for the year 1998-99. For training the professionals on productivity, total quality management and ISO, we have maintained a specific H.R.D. Centre. Our firm is a trusted ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturer, supplier, trader and wholesaler/distributor and exporter of quality-marked Maize Starch, Unigel 270 Pharma Grade Pregel Starch, etc.
Under the visionary guidance & leadership of our management, our business unit is making its high mark in the sectors of environment & energy. We are proud to boast about owning a modern Effluent Treatment Plant and bio-digestors, where bio-gas is generated from the factory effluents. The produced bio-gas is used as a fuel for by-product driers plant and boilers. This depicts of our company being actively involved in the Save Energy Save Nation, national campaign. For lessening use of resources, our company has set up our wind mill, where 0.6 M.W. power is generated. Our firm has also got huge success in setting up a Co-Generation Power plant for captive consumption. Infrastructure
We are supported with a modernly designed infrastructure space. Manufacturing space is installed with latest machines, which increases our grind capacity to 550 MT per day. Our business entity has maintained a modern research & development cell, which is recognized by D.S.I.R., Govt. of India. To handle all the tasks of this department, we have hired experienced research & development professionals. The tasks we conduct in this cell help in the following:
- Reduction of production cost
- Enhancement of products features
- Up-gradation of product-line
- Knowledge of client's feedback, etc.
Our company is growing with the vision by accepting the universal truth that maize is amazing and keeping ourselves totally committed to quality excellence and customer's satisfaction.Our Mission
With high focus towards producing a range of international quality standards, we have grown to a leading firm of the domain. Our plant and machinery are hi-tech and being handled by highly experienced & qualified people, which results in consistency of results in all the operations. Quality Assurance
Emphasizing on quality, we have grown to become a trusted company of the domain. All products of our company are prepared from quality ingredients in sync with the national norms. After production, the entire range is examined in a testing lab with the use of following equipment:
About The Founder
- Abbe Refractometer
- Brookfield Viscometer
- Conductivity meter
- HPLC Glucose Analyzer
We are fortunate, as our business foundation stone was laid down by a renowned and Honorable Dada Saheb Rawal, a intellectual man who has dedicated his life for the upliftment of human society beyond the boundaries of nation, caste and creed. He is a highly educated, well read and widely traveled person, and has also served as Ex-Ruler, Ex-MLA and Freedom Fighter.
Our founder was the one who had the thought of bringing power, water and industry works to his town of Dondaicha, which was earlier an under-developed region of North Maharashtra. It was his decision that we trusted when we initiated working in the agro- based industry to process maize into value-added products. Being a progressive minded person, our founder has always kept his company updated with the products, systems, technology, transportation network and delivery process.
Hon. Dada Saheb Rawal has also worked in the field of Education and Training. He was the one who in the year 1945 started a Diploma Engineering College at Dhule the district headquarters, which was the first technical institute in the entire region.
Under his inspiring guidance, several Agriculture Schools, Science Colleges and ITI training institutes were also established. The company's originator became the first person to introduce Rural Electric Power Company at Dondaicha before the SEB (State Electricity Board). He also started reforestation of this area with Juliflora Prosopis to make fuel wood easily available to villagers and protect the soil from erosion.Our Milestones
- Excellently making & supplying Pregelatinised Starch as an import substitute for pharmaceutical industry.
- Handling bio-digestor project for producing biogas from factory effluents.
- Has earned award of Best Vendor in Excipient Supplier category from Organization of Pharmaceutical Producers of India for the year 1998-99
- Involved in production & bulk supply of Modified Starches for O.N.G.C.
- Pioneering production of Starch, DMH, DAH, LG for pharmaceutical & food industries in Maharashtra.
- Power generation by wind mill.
- Supplied Liquid Glucose through tankers first time in India.
A team of over 400 passionate experts support us day & night in meeting the requirements of the customers. The hired experts utilize their experience and knowledge of the respective domains to serve the best solutions. Every member of our team is sincere and works in close coordination with each other for accomplishing even the challenging business functions accurately as well as smoothly. All experts of our firm strive to make best use of the available resources to provide a qualitative variety of Starch and Dextrose to clients at low cost. Our Capacities
To have efficiency in execution of business tasks, we have built a sound infrastructure set up. It comprises specific cells for quality testing, processing, R&D, warehousing and packaging, where our experts carry out their tasks in a coordinated manner. Armed with latest machines and equipment, our manufacturing division outputs the entire range in a marvelous speed. The facilities we have in our premise support us in making the products in an excellent speed, which includes:
- All Types of Starches (Native + Modified): 360 MT per day
- By Products: 70 MT per day
- Caramels (ISI Grade): 03 MT per day
- Cornello (Refined Oil):08 MT Per Day
- Dextrose Anhydrous: 10 MT per day
- Dextrose Monohydrate Syrup: 15 MT per day
- Dextrose Monohydrate: 35 MT per day
- Liquid Glucose: 100 MT per day
- Maize Crushing: 550 MT per day
Important Features of the Company
- FDA approved Research & Development and Quality Assurance cells
- General Manager of the R&D department has worked as a Member of Bureau of Indian Standards Sectional Sub Committee for Maize Starch used in Textile industry
- Has own solar water heaters for boiler feed water.
- Highly qualified and experienced teams for performing engineering, quality control, production related tasks.
- Life member of Association of Carbohydrate Chemists & Technologists of India, Ahmedabad.
- Our CMD, Shri. J.J. Rawal Sarkarsaheb Rawal (C.M.D.) was the president of All India Starch Manufacturers Association during 1982-84.
- Set up & commissioned bio-digestor project for harnessing bio-gas from the factory effluents
- Sophisticated instrumentation and R&D Centre, recognized by DSIR, Govt. of India, New Delhi
- We have safety and welfare committee for creating safe working conditions
- Our business entity owns a central laboratory that is operated by a qualified staff that performs functions of quality control, microbiology and quality assurance.
- Best Vendor Award from M/s. OPPI in 1998-99.
- Chairman & M.D. earned the Best Vendor Award from OPPI for the year 1998-99.
- Environmental Pollution Control Award.
- Excipient Supplier for the year 1998-99.